Monday, August 24, 2009

WOW !! I got Google Wave sandbox account.

… and you cannot imagine how I’m happy with this fact.

Bez nazwy

From the beginning it was a bit hard to discover how to really use it. I went back to the movie from Google IO and start repeat what they do in the movie and play a little bit with this. I really start appreciating the new way of communications.

As far I’ve tested it, the core functionality works already fine. Anyway, some features didn’t work for me at all. For example Insert Search Map function used the way it was shown in the movie displays always Australia. (what, in fact, is not so big surprise for me ;)). It freeze also many times .

The first excitement and the real challenge will be to create my first gadget, which is basically my goal. But that must be postponed since the main app is not ready yet.

What are my doubts about it is that it may be difficult to use for a “not-computer” people. I mean the whole idea is completely new, and is great, but it is also difficult to compare to anything else and it may be difficult to understand, especially beyond the basic functionality. And a big part of the power of Google Wave lies in extensions that, at this moment, are far to tricky to use.

However, the real value of Google Wave is a team work/communications which is difficult to discover without “a team” and my contact list remain empty (not to mention 3 robots which I played with) That’s why I wish to invite everyone who has a wave account, want to test it and has the same problem. Please, let me know by sending a comment here or e-mail. And I have to return to the cake…

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Can you send me an invite for google wave? I just can't resist it now to feel it!!! I would appreciate if you could invite me. my email (mp 28 77 168 at ym ail. com) yeah w/o spaces. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete